Soledad Gallego González, b. 1989, Lorca, Spain
Sole González is a documentary and fine art photographer based in Murcia, Spain.
Her photos are closely related to her personal life. Much of her work tells the story of what she lives and her surroundings. She has great interest in portraying people and lifestyles outside the society with which she is usually involved in a personal way.
She is also interested in documenting "normality", especially if there is any trace of decadence or particularity: society, daily life and traditions and events, but always taking them to her field, trying to convey the sensations and the atmosphere than the fact itself, always under a satirical, “ugly-worshipping” and subjective point of view, and always looking for the extraordinary in the ordinary.
Currently, most of her work is carried out under the same context, the things that happen in her hometown and its community.
2011-2012 - Artistic Photography, E.A.S.D., Murcia.
2009-2011 - Audiovisual Image, I.E.S. Ramón y Cajal, Murcia.
～ GROUP EXHIBITIONS
2016 - Selected for Der Greif "A process 2.0" (Krakow Photomonth Festival 2016, Poland)
2016 - Photo Award 2016 "#memory_archive" (Photobook Melbourne 2016, Australia)
～ ONLINE PUBLICATIONS
· Der Greif "Guest-Room: Francesco Zanot"
· Featured in British Journal of Photography
· Float Magazine Online Exhibition: "Home"
· Der Greif "Guest-Room: Diane Smyth"
· Der Greif "Guest-Room: The Photocaptionist"
· Selection by Milena Carstens in Zeit Magazin
· Der Greif "Guest-Room: Milena Carstens"
· Featured in Murcia Visual